Sunday, August 21, 2011

The New Stay-at-Home Mom


I've yet to post anything new in quite some time, however, the following is from a good friend's blog and I simply LOVE her description. Enjoy!

 

Apron Strings and College Degrees

(http://legacymindedwomen.posterous.com/)


House_wife

“I am the NEW stay-at-home mom.  I am the COO of the Household.  When you ask “What do you do all day?” I answer, “What don’t I do?” 



I am responsible for strategic planning, risk management, quality assurance, information systems, administration, and the day-to-day results while inspiring, developing, coaching and unleashing my children into their future.  I manage efficiently and effectively.  I create and analyze operations and systems.  I maintain and monitor.  I prioritize and implement strategies with an action-oriented approach.  I am an agent of change.  I squarely meet and overcome operational challenges daily.  I maximize value.  I create. I innovate.  I implement.



I partner with the CEO and complement his experience, knowledge, and skill.  While the CEO of our household manages up and out, I manage down and in.  I am responsible for bringing our Family’s vision to life at all levels of our home while giving the CEO space to lead.



I am secure in my worth, contribution, intelligence, and direction which allows me to gracefully encourage and support other stay-at-home, working, and single moms alike.



I am the NEW stay-at-home mom.”


- Chief Operations Officer

No comments:

Post a Comment