Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Information Overload


We are in the midst of packing for our move to the West side this Friday right before "carmageddon" or as the medstud mistakenly called it a few days ago "carpocalypse." We originally hired movers but they bailed out yesterday to move another family up North. I guess they would rather deal with a 5-6 hour drive then combat the 405 freeway. So, our moving plan has changed. Some friends and family have volunteered to help us pack our Uhaul tomorrow afternoon that way we can head out bright and early Friday morning.

I am so looking forward to settling down in our new home, being unpacked and just relax the next couple of days before the medstud begins school. I'm also looking forward to NOT thinking (if that's possible) or planning anything. I just want to sit and unwind and enjoy my little family. My mind has been on an information overload brink; way too much going on and a lot of it is a bunch of stuff I just pile on myself. And then I am reminded of how much of a Martha (Luke 10:38-42) I can be. You see I too have been distracted by all the many preparations that "need" to be done before this or before that. My heart is longing to be settled down so I can be like Mary and choose what is right. However, I should be choosing what is right at this very moment and making time for the Creator of the universe. I mean I have made time here and there and have lots of alone time with the LORD while cooking, washing the dishes or packing. But I want to bask in the LORD and do NOTHING else.

On a separate note we have had a fantastic summer. This is the 1st summer the medstud has had off from school since he got back in 2007 from his deployment in Iraq. The LORD has been gracious to make our summer fun and share many memories with friends and family. We have also enjoyed many firsts with our sweet daughter (aka Squishy). I KNOW she is going to miss daddy when he kicks into gear for school; we've gotten spoiled having him around. The medstud has been such a great help and has really carried his weight during this season of becoming new parents.

Please continue to pray for us as we close this chapter of life and open up to the next.

"There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heaven...." Ecclesiastes 3:1 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment