So the medstud has asked me to be his study buddy while in med school. Am I happy to do it? OF COURSE! Does this mean I’ll be good at it? Probably not. Have you seen the kinds of words they have to learn; just grab a Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine and you will soon see that there is nothing concise about those words. I have enough trouble trying to read long numbers. With that said I need to come up with some fun learning techniques to help him memorize and learn all the fancy stuff that will be thrown his way. (Suggestions welcomed)
I’ve also taken the liberty of creating a list of ways to hang with your MS or SO (Refer to previous post for abbreviations). You may think some of them are strange but hey when you’re pinching for time to see each other this may help;
1. Wake up with your MS/SO before they leave for their long day of school or work
2. Make breakfast for your MS/SO or enjoy a nice cup of coffee together
3. Sit in the bathroom as your MS/SO brushes their teeth or showers
4. Walk your MS/SO to their car
5. Help your MS/SO study
6. Create study area so your MS/SO comes home to study instead of staying at the library (though the library may be more beneficial at times)
7. Visit your MS/SO in between classes while they are at school. This is also great if you have kids and they want to see their parent in the middle of the day
8. And most importantly during any one of these times make sure you pray together!
No comments:
Post a Comment